What's New On Our Web Site!
- " Offices will be closed Wednesday November 26 through Friday November 28, 2014 for the Thanksgiving holiday. Offices will reopen on Monday December 1, 2014."
License and Certification Renewals.
- New for renewal, everyone renewing their license or certificate must obtain a criminal history records check.
- Information and the registration for the criminal history records check will be provided along with the notice of renewal.
- Criminal History Records Checks dated before November 1, 2014 will not be accepted.
- Licenses and certificates will not be renewed until the criminal history records check has been completed.
- Renewals: Criminal History Records Checks FAQs
- All members of the Board are appointed by the Governor and serve a four-year term. The Board currently has an at-large professional counselor (LCPC) vacancy.In addition, Ms. Candice Dickens-Richardson, LCPC and Mr. Carlo Panlilio, LCMFT are eligible for reappointment. Although Ms. Dickens-Richardson and Mr. Panlilio are eligible for reappointment, the Board is required to notify all licensees of the positions. If you are interested in serving on the Board please complete the attached application and forward to Ms. Kim Bennardi, Administrator, Office of Appointments and Executive Nominations, at the address noted on the application.
Marriage and Family Therapists.
- " Effective January 1, 2014 all new applicants for licensure, certification,and trainee status must have a criminal history records check.
- See Forms
About the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists
Welcome to the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists. The Board operates under the Maryland Professional Counselors and Therapists Act, Health Occupations Article, Title 17, Annotated Code of Maryland. The Board is the licensing authority of professional counselors and therapists in the State of Maryland. The Board is mandated to regulate the practice of counseling and therapy by licensing and certifying qualified counselors and therapists, adopting a code of ethics, establishing fees, promulgating regulations for the practice of professional counseling and therapy, verification of credentials, issuances of licenses, establish requirements for and verification of completion of continuing education, investigation of complaints based on alleged violations of regulations and statutes, create committees to advise the Board on special issues and submit an annual report to the Governor and Secretary.
The Board of Professional Counselors & Therapists meets the third Friday of each month, except July and August.
The next Board meeting is on Friday November 21, 2014 at 1:00 pm.
Art Therapy License Applications.
1) Licensure Application.
2) New Application - Licensed Graduate Professional Art Therapists (LGPAT).
List of LCPC Approved Supervisors.
List of LCPC Approved Supervisors.
Alcohol and Drug Counselors:
Please note the new Alcohol and Drug Supervision regulations are now effective as of November 11, 2013.
Attached are the new supervision regulations for the licensed graduate alcohol and drug counselor and the Master's level Trainee. LGADC and Masters Level Trainees (10.58.13).
Attached are the new supervision regulations for the certified associate and certified supervised counselors and Trainees. Certification Level (10.58.14).
Alcohol and Drug Approved Supervisor Applications:
Important - MILITARY VETERANS PRIORITY