Healthiest Maryland Businesses- Past Events
- Bicycle Friendly Business Workshop, April 10th, 2013. Each year the League
of American Bicyclists awards businesses across the country that have made
significant strides in becoming a more bicycle friendly place to work. This
workshop gave businesses in the Rockville area the tools they need to
improve workplace wellness by providing a favorable environment for bicycle
- Regional Health Reform/Healthy Business Forums, 2012-2013. Healthiest Maryland Businesses, the MidAtlantic Business Group on Health and local community partners collaborated to provide businesses with six FREE worksite wellness forums across Maryland. These events discussed topics such as: what health reform really means to employers; why focus on worksite health promotion to increase productivity and profitability; local best practices and leaders with successful wellness initiatives; and free or low-cost resources to assist employers with making their workforce healthier. Past regional forums include: February 13th, 2013- Baltimore, Maryland; October 17, 2012- Easton, Maryland; September 21, 2012- Cumberland, Maryland; June 29th 2012- Frederick, Maryland; March, 29th 2012- Salisbury, Maryland
- 3rd Annual Workplace Health and Wellness Symposium, June 1st, 2012. Through a public/private partnership of the Injured Workers Insurance Fund, Healthiest Maryland Businesses, Chesapeake Regional Safety Council, and Business Health Services the 3rd Annual Workplace Health and Wellness Symposium was offered to businesses across Maryland FREE. The must-attend symposium is offered free of charge to all Maryland businesses and organizations eager to learn best practices in employee wellness programs, understand how good employee health can generate a return to the bottom line and reduce insurance costs, discover how the new healthcare reform legislation will impact employers, Learn about health issues adversely affecting workers’ compensation injury/illness claims, and much, much more.
- Wellness at Your Workplace: A Take Action Seminar, April 20th, 2012. For a very low cost human resource specialists, business owners, executives and wellness professionals attended a workplace wellness seminar on Friday April 20, 2012 at Carroll Community College. This seminar was made available to businesses through the collaborative efforts of the Partnership for a Healthier Carroll County, Carroll Hospital Center, and Carroll Community College. The seminar included presentations on ways to become more engaged with the Healthiest Maryland Businesses initiative, creating a workplace wellness program in the non-profit sector, the value of health risk assessments, and highlight a panel of local workplace wellness best practices.
- Wellness @ Work, February 3, 2012 at Meritus Health System. Wellness @ Work, a workplace wellness symposium, was held in Washington County on Friday, February 3rd, 2012 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. This symposium educated employers on the benefits of wellness in the workplace, the State of Maryland’s Healthiest Maryland Businesses initiative, and the legal issues surrounding workplace wellness. Participants had the opportunity to learn about strategies that work from four local employers.
- Summit on Childhood Obesity, November 15-16, 2011 at the Hilton Baltimore. The University of Maryland’s Summit on Childhood Obesity, in partnership with the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, was an educational and networking opportunity for employers to learn about innovative community and state initiatives for promoting healthy eating and active living. Click Here for additional information on the Summit and the Institute for a Healthiest Maryland.
Healthiest Maryland Businesses Luncheon, Wednesday June 1st, 12:00 noon to 1:30 pm at the Baltimore Renaissance Hotel. You're invited to the first HMB luncheon where you will have the opportunity to learn from local experts about how small and medium-sized companies can implement workplace wellness programs for little or no cost.
Maryland Workplace Health & Wellness Symposium June 3, 2011 at the BWI MarriottJoin us for a free, information-packed event to learn how workplace wellness programs can benefit your employees and your organization.
Check out event details and the agenda at www.iwif.com
Thursday, November 18, 2010, 8:30 am- 5:00 pm, the Mid-Atlantic Business Group on Health’s Annual Meeting showed a variety of public/private partnerships in which corporations, public health agencies, and hospitals are collaborating to benefit all. It also educated business participants on how to take advantage of their local resources to make their employees even healthier.”
- Friday, November 12, 2010, 9:00 am- 12:00 pm, the Western Maryland Medical System held a worksite wellness symposium highlighting Healthiest Maryland Businesses, the essential components of a worksite wellness program, compliance aspects of worksite wellness, and provided a business example.