The Office of Diversity and Inclusion consists of five (5) core programs: Diversity and Inclusion (D&I), Minority Business Enterprises (MBE), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Adults with Disabilities (ADA), Limited English Proficiency (LEP).
- fairness and equity in opportunity,
- effectiveness in services, and
- conscious inclusion
We believe that workplace diversity is rooted in the potential abilities of people that exist within the total workforce; that “effectiveness” and “success” in an increasingly diverse society is to be found in the collaboration of multiple paradigms.
- To create a work environment and culture that seeks, encourages and promotes opportunities for the creation and implementation of effective policies, programs and services through the similarities and differences of ideas, styles, approaches, perspectives that exist in a heterogeneous workforce.
- To foster a culture of acceptance of and respect for individual differences in deference to the accomplishment of common organizational goals and objectives.
- To promote a sense of trust and sharing based on demonstrated competencies and practiced organizational values.
- To be not only receptive, but actively engaged in interfacing with and learning from people who are different than our selves.
- To find the most efficient and effective way, we must be open to entertaining multiple approaches and strategies.